Wards off most insects and bugs. Exceptional against mosquitoes especially the dengue species. Using undiluted (on surfaces/garments) will give the best protection as it is the most concentrated.
A natural insect repellent aromatherapy oil, by VIZÜ
Ingredients: Syzygium aromaticum (clove) bud oil, cymbopogon winterianus (citronella) leaf oil, eucalyptus citriodora (lemon eucalyptus) leaf oil, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) leaf oil.
This blend is formulated against the most common mosquito species in Singapore – Aedes, Culex and Anopheles. Aedes species are the culprits of transmiting the dengue virus.
This 100% plant-based aromatherapy blend has been researched thoroughly, concluding that the undiluted oils of citronella, patchouli and clove bud were the most effective and provided 2 hours of complete repellency against all 3 of the mentioned mosquito species. Read the research here.
What to expect
When used on clothes, most of the flying insects will avoid you when the scent is at its strongest. While the scent naturally fades away, they may return. Using the blend in a nebuliser or diffuser is generally more effective to get the flying bugs away from the space you’re in.
- Drip 10-20 drops into diffuser/ceramic burner or vapouriser, amount of drops depends on space area.
- Can be used on garments (for outdoor purposes), may stain light coloured clothes.
- Drip on anywhere you like around the house, but away from children and pets.
- If necessary to use on skin topically, please dilute the oil at 1% with 99% carrier oil.
- DO NOT use undiluted on skin; this concentrated blend may sting (due to clove bud essential oil). If necessary to use on skin topically, please dilute the oil at 1% with 99% carrier oil.